Experienced "blogus interruptus" yesterday with an interesting afternoon visit to Microsoft under an NDA. I can only report that a good time was had by all.
Andrew Blau of Global Business Network is now speaking at the 2006 Public Broadcasting New Media Conference on the future of independent media. His outline posits a "new ecology" for independent media:
1. Pervasive - media will be part of every kind of experience
2. Noisy - more media, everywhere, all the time means more competition for everyone, everywhere, all the time
3. Inverted - the essential dynamic of how audiences connect with work will be inverted from broadcast to "broadcatch"
4. Fragmented -audiences are fragmenting and organizing in new configurations
5. Financially reorganized - how independent work is funded will change
Back in December 2004, I linked to a great paper of the same name that he wrote. Well worth the investment in time. Link: Technology360.com. --Dennis Haarsager